Friday, August 8, 2014

Irony

I forgot to mention a few things. The first is about Melissa, the foster mom who we did respite for that recommended us to the boys caseworker. I honestly had written off what she said. I mean I didn't even know for sure it was her they were talking about until I looked through my text and saw that was her name. Life lesson: it's easy to disregard what people say until it changes your life.

Also the day after we officially took the placement of the boys in our home, we received a call for a newborn baby girl at the hospital. Oddly enough I had ZERO desire to take her. After discussing it with Chad we decided not to take her. I felt really bad, but with the likelihood of the boys being adopted I really thought they deserve to have time to settle in before even considering adding to us. A good friend from class ended up taking the baby and she was so happy she cried. I knew that God had made no mistake of what phone call I received first. Life Lesson #2: Stop telling God how I want my blessings packaged. He just laughs at me anyways then says "you will love what I have for you so much, you won't believe you asked for something different"

No comments:

Post a Comment